St. Patrick’s Week!

St. Patrick’s day is a very special time in my family.  My Grandma’s blood ran green.  Truly.  She was Irish and was not afraid to let anyone know it.  My grandma passed away about a month ago.  I miss her dearly, I was fortunate to be by her side during her last hours when I was home on my sick leave.  She was truly an inspiration in my life and an amazing role model.  A woman I strive to be. 

Growing up, we always wore green on St. Patrick’s day. ALWAYS.  My mom has a collection of St. Patrick’s day pins that we could choose from.  Corned beef and cabbage was the evening meal, and my mom always made green mashed potatoes, green jello-o, and green kool-aid.  Looking forward to our annual dinner this year, but we will all be missing Grandma!

On a happier note – my hubby was able to save all of my documents from our hard drive! Now we just need to wait for a new one from the computer guys.  I had 2 blogs all ready to go for you guys – Seuss stuff and my Now!Board review, but that will have to wait, I guess!  I’ll try to re-type it when I can.

Here is what is in my center drawers for this week:

Leprechauns are tricky! They’ve mixed up our sight words again!

 IMG_3004

The children are practicing with “super e” at this center.  If you haven’t scooped up The Teacher Wife’s Super E unit – you must! The kids LOVE it!

IMG_3005

Here we are working on sentence structure and neat handwriting! Can’t ever get enough practice with neat handwriting!

IMG_3006

Here the kids are rolling for digraphs (wh, ch, sh, and th)

 IMG_3007

And searching the room for leprchaun gold and writing the word with blends.

 IMG_3008

At this center, the children will dig for gold in the pot – they’ll pull out 2 numbers (0-9) to make a 2 digit number, find it and color it on the number grid, and then switch the numbers around to make a new number.

 IMG_3009 

Still practicing with addition – this time we’re working on counting on!

IMG_3011

Which one is greater?  Counting and comparing practice in one.

 IMG_3012

And some place value. 

 IMG_3010

Counting in the 20s with gold!  This is a “count the room” center.

IMG_3013

If you’re interested in any of these centers, you can find them {here}.  It should be a fun week this week! With the weather in the 50s all week, I know the kids will have some major spring fever!  I’m just about finished with a bug unit and will be working on a weather unit tonight.  Hope you all have a great week, and for those of you on Spring Break – I am totally jealous!

3 comments:

  1. These centers are AMAZING! I can't believe your little Kinders are doing all these math centers - how awesome!

    Kaleigh's Klassroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These look great! I want to be in your classroom!!


    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete